Laura Ehrlich, RN, BSN, CCM, COC
Senior Clinical Specialist
Laura has over 25 years of healthcare experience. She has helped clients across the country improve their clinical documentation, train their staffs in proper coding practices, strengthen their compliance, and capture significant amounts of incremental revenue.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Clinical documentation improvement initiatives
- MS-DRG reviews
- Overall healthcare compliance
- Hospital coding and billing issues
- Part B billing and coding
- Targeted education for documentation improvement and compliance
- RAC reviews and denial management
- COC (formerly CPC-H)
- Utilization Review
D’Youville College, Buffalo, NY
Currently assisting providers with proactive clinical documentation improvement and MS-DRG reviews.
Works with hospitals, physicians and utilization management staff to review clinical documentation improvement programs, provide ongoing education, and monitor existing programs.
Auditor for SunStone team as Independent Review Organization (IRO) for providers under a Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA).
Hospital & physician related compliance engagements, including:
- Education for various specialties
- Emergency Services
- GI Endoscopy
- OB-Gyn Services
- Ophthalmology Services
- Perioperative Services
- Pharmacy Services
- Wound Center
- Evaluation and Management (E&M) Services
- Proactive medical record reviews
- Voluntary disclosures for government & private insurance issues
Reviews Inpatient and outpatient documentation, coding, billing and payment audits for compliance and recovery projects across all clinical areas.